Why choose Tidal?
Tidal School Direct
Our Initial Teacher Training offer allows trainees the opportunity to train to become a teacher in a partnership of exceptional schools in Hull and the East Riding. Our programme is based around school experience with training delivered at lead schools or at the University of Hull.
Where teaching posts across the alliance arise, outstanding newly qualified teachers have a very strong chance of gaining immediate employment. Schools in our partnership range from ethnically diverse and inner city, to rural and coastal towns. However, they all share a common attribute in that they offer outstanding professional experience for graduates new to teaching.
“Training with Tidal gave a great foundation for my NQT year. Now with my own class, as an NQT, my training is continuing and I already feel part of the school team.”
“By being placed in a host school for the majority of the year you develop a real knowledge of the pupils and the school policies and practices, such as marking, assessment and feeding back to parents. My confidence in these areas through my training year really grew.”
Tidal ITT partner schools
- Spring Cottage Primary School
- Gillshill Primary School
- Biggin Hill Primary School
- Cleeve Primary School
- Thanet Primary School
- Cavendish Primary School
- Hedon Inmans Primary School
- Bay Primary School
- Christopher Pickering Primary School
- Maybury Primary School
- Neasden Primary School
- Ganton Special School
- Thorpepark Primary School
- Griffin Primary School
- Mountbatten Primary School
- Beverley Minster C of E Primary School
- Candidates gain QTS from Sheffield Hallam University (2021/22);
- Course runs from the beginning of the autumn term (September) to the end of the summer term (July);
- Two placements; majority in host school and alternative placement in a school within the Tidal Teaching School Alliance;
- All School Direct students have a school based mentor in both placement schools and a university partnership associate tutor;
- PGCE accredited;
- Trained to teach 3-7 years (early years), 4-11 years (primary)
- A bespoke training package delivered by an outstanding SCITT (YWTT) and specialist and national leaders of education as well as outstanding practitioners from the Tidal Teaching School Alliance;
- Continued support throughout your placements, application process and NQT year.